Project: Bruce Power
Location: Ontario, Canada
HMA Consulting undertook a review of the physical security and operations procedures at the Bruce Nuclear Power Plant in Ontario, the largest nuclear power plant in North America.
The plant encompasses a heavy water plant and two generating stations, each of which has four nuclear reactors.
HMA prepared a report, which defined the physical security requirements with particular reference to the power stations, which covered:
- Perimeter intrusion system (fencing, lighting and intrusion detection)
- CCTV surveillance and recording system
- Security control room
- Security Communications Radio Systems
- Card access and alarm monitoring system
- Security voice intercom system Personal duress alarm system
HMA provided subsequent design upgrades for the facility.