Project: South Station
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Project Type: Campus Facilities, Office Towers
Design Architect: Peli Clark Peli
Production Architect: Kendall Heaton Associates
The South Station development will consist of the completion of the South Station Transportation Center at the lower levels of the project, plus the addition of a 49-story, 980,000-square-foot office tower, a 155-unit residential condominium building, a 19-story, 500,000-square-foot office building, and parking for approximately 713 cars.
Built in near proximity to and above the historic South Station train station building with a linkage of the existing train station and bus terminal and the ability to facilitate future pedestrian access to the waterfront.
HMA performed the following services:
- security risk and vulnerability assessment
- building management and control system
- security access, video and communication systems
- track ventilation control system
- information technology systems
- audio-visual systems
- structured and converged network for the base building and residential systems